During the summer of 2019, the office of Professional Education at UNC Asheville will welcome high school teachers who have an enthusiasm for teaching and a desire to learn more about their content areas, pedagogy, and methodology while becoming certified to teach Advanced Placement credit courses.
At the end of the Advanced Placement Institute, participants will:
- be prepared to teach advanced placement curriculum coursework material to students, preparing them for strong performance on the Advanced Placement exam
- be prepared to employ a variety of teaching methods to encourage rigor appropriate for each subject
- be part of a community of learners whose content knowledge, pedagogy and best practices can be shared by participants beyond the Institute.
Session I: June 24 - 27, 2019
- World History
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- Environmental Science
Session II: July 22 - 25, 2019
- Calculus AB
- Computer Science Principles
- US History
Please contact us for specific course descriptions. On-campus lodging is available. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more details.
Complete the 2019 Advanced Placement Summer Institute Registration Form and return by mail, fax (828.251.6618) or email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email Nancy Williams at email@example.com or call 828.250.2353.