During the summer of 2018, the office of Professional Education at UNC Asheville will welcome high school teachers who have an enthusiasm for teaching and a desire to learn more about their content areas, pedagogy, and methodology while becoming certified to teach Advanced Placement credit courses.
At the end of the Advanced Placement Institute, participants will:
- be prepared to teach advanced placement curriculum coursework material to students, preparing them for strong performance on the Advanced Placement exam
- be prepared to employ a variety of teaching methods to encourage rigor appropriate for each subject
- be part of a community of learners whose content knowledge, pedagogy and best practices can be shared by participants beyond the Institute.
Session I: June 25 - 28, 2018
- Calculus AB
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- Environmental Science
- World History
Session II: July 23 - 26, 2018
- Calculus AB
- Computer Science Principles
- US History
Please contact us for specific course descriptions. On-campus lodging is available. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more details.
Complete the 2018 Advanced Placement Summer Institute Registration Form and return by mail, fax (828-251-6618) or email attachment to email@example.com.
Questions? Email Nancy Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-250-2353.