During the summer of 2020, the office of Professional Education at UNC Asheville will welcome high school teachers who have an enthusiasm for teaching and a desire to learn more about their content areas, pedagogy, and methodology while becoming certified to teach Advanced Placement credit courses.
At the end of the Advanced Placement Institute, participants will:
- be prepared to teach advanced placement curriculum coursework material to students, preparing them for strong performance on the Advanced Placement exam
- be prepared to employ a variety of teaching methods to encourage rigor appropriate for each subject
- be part of a community of learners whose content knowledge, pedagogy and best practices can be shared by participants beyond the Institute.
Week I: Monday, June 22, 2020 - Thursday, June 25, 2020
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- Environmental Science
- World History
Week II: Monday, July 20, 2020 - Thursday, July 23, 2020
- Calculus AB
- Computer Science Principles
- Physics 1: Algebra Based
- US History
Registration information coming soon!
Questions? Email Nancy Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828.250.2353.