During the summer of 2020, the office of Professional Education at UNC Asheville will welcome high school teachers who have an enthusiasm for teaching and a desire to learn more about their content areas, pedagogy, and methodology while becoming certified to teach Advanced Placement credit courses.
At the end of the Advanced Placement Institute, participants will:
- be prepared to teach advanced placement curriculum coursework material to students, preparing them for strong performance on the Advanced Placement exam
- be prepared to employ a variety of teaching methods to encourage rigor appropriate for each subject
- be part of a community of learners whose content knowledge, pedagogy and best practices can be shared by participants beyond the Institute.
This year, UNC Asheville's AP institute will begin using the CollegeBoard endorsed, web-based software company, Cvent, for all of our APSI related items. Upon clicking the link for the event website and registration, you will be taken to the UNCA Cvent website for one of the three weeks. You will need to make an account in order to register. After completing the registration process, you will be provided with a link to our payment form in your confirmation message. We are happy to answer any of your questions as we navigate this new process together.
Week I: Monday, June 22, 2020 - Thursday, June 25, 2020
- English Literature and Composition
- Environmental Science
- World History
- US History
Week II: Monday, July 13, 2020 - Thursday, July 16, 2020
- English Language and Composition
- Computer Science Principles
Week III: Monday, July 27, 2020 - Thursday, July 30, 2020
- Calculus AB
- Physics 1: Algebra Based
Questions? Email Nancy Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828.250.2353.