During the summer of 2020, the office of Professional Education at UNC Asheville welcomed high school teachers who have an enthusiasm for teaching and a desire to learn more about their content areas, pedagogy, and methodology while becoming certified to teach Advanced Placement credit courses.
At the end of the Advanced Placement Institute, participants were:
- prepared to teach advanced placement curriculum coursework material to students, preparing them for strong performance on the Advanced Placement exam
- prepared to employ a variety of teaching methods to encourage rigor appropriate for each subject
- part of a community of learners whose content knowledge, pedagogy and best practices can be shared by participants beyond the Institute.
See the summer 2020 schedule below. Spring 2021 Institute information will be coming soon.
Week I: Monday, June 22, 2020 – Thursday, June 25, 2020
- English Literature and Composition
- Environmental Science
- World History
- US History
Week II: Monday, July 13, 2020 – Thursday, July 16, 2020
- English Language and Composition
- Computer Science Principles
Week III: Monday, July 27, 2020 – Thursday, July 30, 2020
- Calculus AB
- Physics 1: Algebra Based
Questions? Email Nancy Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828.250.2353.